On November 5 and 6, Jen Snyder, Frank Bua, Luci Legotti and Jeff Bernstein joined more than 700 delegates and alternates at the annual NYSTRS conference at the Saratoga Springs City Center. A quick recap:
- Paul J. Farfaglia of the Jordan-Elbridge School District was re-elected to a fourth consecutive three-year term on the 10-member Retirement Board.
- Sheila Buck of Rush-Henrietta Central Schools was elected to the Board, replacing Jolene T. DiBrango, who resigned from the Board to focus on her new position as executive vice president of NYSUT.
- Ronald Gross of William Floyd Union Free Schools was elected to the Board, replacing Timothy Southerton, who retired from teaching in June 2017.
- NYSTRS delegates and alternates attended a variety of seminars that covered topics ranging from NYSTRS’ new online retirement application to an overview of the pension industry nationwide.
- Delegates took part in a question-and-answer period with the NYSTRS Board and staff.
Copies of the seminar presentations can be downloaded from the links below:
- Delegate Overview―Your Retirement System
- Social Security Information
- Your NYSTRS Pension: What You Need to Know
- Introducing Our New Online Retirement Application
- Death and Taxes―We Can’t Escape Them, So We Better Plan for Them!
- Pension Industry Update: The Latest News From Across the Nation
- What’s New at NYSTRS?
Remember, the GNTA is your local union -- we are NOT retirement experts. Develop your own NYSTRS account by using the link below. It's easy; you just need your NYSTRS Employee ID number!
Frank , Jen, Jeff and Luci